Raymond Hewlett's youngest son disowned him


23 May 2009
Mirror
Richard Smith
 


Son: Dad beat his kids..I detest him

Raymond Hewlett's youngest son last night branded his paedophile dad "despicable" and told how he disowned him as soon as he knew about his sick crimes.

Builder Wayne Hewlett said he and his brothers and sisters were savagely beaten by him when they were children and were even targeted by violent hate mobs disgusted at the pervert. The 40-year-old bachelor, who cut off all ties with his dad 20 years ago, added: "He is a monster. "The crimes he has committed are despicable, he is a major embarrassment as a father and I'm ashamed of the things he has done.

"I know he has cancer but I don't care whether he lives or dies. I despise the man. How could anyone not? Just because he's my father doesn't mean I'm not disgusted by what he has done."

Hewlett, 64, has been jailed three times for kidnap, attempting to rape and molesting young girls. He is still wanted over alleged sex crimes going back nearly 30 years.

Speaking of the beating his dad would dish out when he was young, Wayne said: "He was a Jekyll and Hyde character.

"Sometimes he was funny like you would expect of any dad. But if he lost his temper he would be vicious. He beat all of us, with his belt. He would give you a good thrashing. Dad was not a drinker so he couldn't blame it on that."

Wayne, who grew up in Todmorden, Yorks, told how his mum Susan would shield her children from hearing about her husband's crimes. But he added: "Once I found the truth I was devastated and broke all ties with him. The last time I saw him was in a bail hostel. I told my dad what I thought of him and disowned him.

"I never had any idea he was a pervert because there was no way of telling. People have taken it out on his closest relatives even though we've done nothing, we just happen to be his kids.

"I've had bricks thrown at my house and my car was vandalised. When the local paper published a picture of my dad somebody burned his eyes out and stuffed the photo through my letter box with a message saying: 'You deserve to burn as well'. We moved seven times to avoid the stigma of being associated with him."

When Susan Ginley first clapped eyes on farm worker Raymond Hewlett, she was bowled over by his rugged good looks and charm. But the love-struck 18-year-old had no idea she had fallen for a pervert who would go on to abuse young girls, beat her up, become a serial love cheat and put their family in danger from crackpots seeking revenge.

Susan, 63, who divorced the paedophile in 1981 after 17 years of marriage, said: "I haven't seen him for 11 years and will never forgive him for the suffering he caused our children."

Speaking of when she met Hewlett, also 18 at the time, the retired cleaner and seamstress said: "He wore a black leather jacket and tight jeans and with his blonde hair in a quiff he looked the part. Lots of women fell for him.

"He was a good-looking lad who made me laugh. Unfortunately, I didn't realise what he was like at the time. He later gave me a few beatings and hidings. He'd lose it.

"The first time he assaulted a neighbour's 12-year-old daughter he blamed it on depression.

"He spent a year in jail but the kids never knew anything. We moved home when he was released and then he blew it again."

Hewlett tried to rape a 14-year-old girl after holding a gun to her head. He was jailed for four years - but only served 16 months.

Susan said: "My first instinct was to protect the kids, they really copped it.

"I had to move two of them out of school. When one of my daughters went to the toilet, other kids said they would rape her.

"We made another new start and moved south but he soon had a fling with a married woman - it was at least the third during our marriage and that finished us. I know he's got cancer but I do not feel sorry for him."


0 Responses to "Raymond Hewlett's youngest son disowned him"
 
Return to top of page Copyright © 2010 | Flash News Converted into Blogger Template by HackTutors