Blackpool Maddie suspect dies

0 comments

12 April 2010
Blackpool Gazette


A Blackpool paedophile, who was a prime suspect in the hunt for Madeleine McCann, has died.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , ,


Raymond Hewlett - Background Information

4 comments

Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,


TIMELINE: Hewlett, Molseed, Kiszko, Castree, McCann

1 comments

Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Setting the stage, perhaps?

4 comments

Tell all before you die, Maddie suspect urged
Allan Hall in Berlin
9 December 2009
The Daily Express

A convicted paedophile wanted for questioning by detectives working for Madeleine McCann's parents is close to death, it was revealed yesterday. Sex fiend Raymond Hewlett, 64, can no longer speak because of throat cancer and lives in a council flat he shares with his partner in Aachen, Germany.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Maddie suspect lied to cops

0 comments

21 June 2009
Weekend Argus
Judy Gorman


POLICE investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann are racing against time to probe the lies told by convicted paedophile Raymond Hewlett. Hewlett, 64, who is terminally ill with throat cancer, lied about significant aspects of the case, including whether he had seen the three-year-old before she went missing from the Praia da Luz holiday resort in Portugal in May 2007. He served three jail terms in the UK for sex crimes involving children before he took up a nomadic existence criss-crossing Europe with his wife and seven children.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , ,


No one can give him an alibi

0 comments

21 June 2009
Maddie suspect's wife: no one can give him an alibi; Female friend 'can't remember where he was'.
Sunday Mirror
Simon Wright


THE wife of Madeleine McCann suspect Raymond Hewlett yesterday admitted that NO ONE can give him an alibi. German-born Mariana, 33, confessed that a female friend Hewlett insisted could vouch for him on the day Madeleine vanished cannot remember where he was. Convicted paedophile Hewlett, 64, won't name the woman.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , ,


Maddy paedo said this was only vehicle he had

0 comments

Maddy paedo said this was only vehicle he had;
But really he was driving a van similar to this.
19 June 2009
Daily Mirror
Stephen Moyes


PERVERT Raymond Hewlett's lies were unravelling last night as he faced renewed questioning over missing Madeleine McCann. The convicted paedophile rekindled suspicion after it was revealed he tried to mislead detectives over the vehicle he was driving at the time the youngster vanished.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


I didn't kill her says paedophile

0 comments

15 June 2009
Daily Express
Cyril Dixon

CONVICTED paedophile Raymond Hewlett broke his silence over missing Madeleine McCann yesterday, claiming: "I've never seen her in real life." The 64-year-old Briton, who was living in Portugal's Algarve when the youngster disappeared, had previously refused to talk about the case. But Hewlett, a former soldier who has served jail terms for sexually assaulting young girls, vowed to prove his innocence. "I'd take a lie-detector test. I'll take any test you like, " he said. "The only time I've seen Madeleine McCann is on missing posters. And I saw her on TV in a bar once. But I've never seen her in real life."
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


But I didn't kill Maddie

0 comments

14 June 2009
Madeleine: Key suspect talks for first time.
Sunday Mirror
Simon Wright


YES I'm a convicted paedophile YES I lived near Praia Da Luz YES I look like police drawing YES I did flee area to Morocco

BROKEN, frail, with only weeks to live, Raymond Hewlett is the man the McCanns fear could take the secrets of their daughter's disappearance to the grave. The convicted child rapist - who has been catapulted into the frame over the hunt for Madeleine - sits hunched up in a squalid German flat, gasping for breath as he finally breaks his silence.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , ,


Detectives to meet paedophile

0 comments

1 June 2009
Leicester Mercury

Private detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann hope to meet with convicted paedophile Raymond Hewlett this week. Hewlett has said he was prepared to meet with them.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , ,


Monster boasted he knew Maddie resort 'very well

0 comments

25 May 2009
Daily Mail
Sam Greenhill

The wife of paedophile Raymond Hewlett declared him ' innocent' yesterday as it emerged that he was well acquainted with the resort where Madeleine McCann was staying. Marianna Schmuker said her husband had nothing to do with the little girl's disappearance, despite reports he was seen outside the apartment in Praia da Luz 'many times'.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , ,


McCanns want paedophile interview

0 comments

25 May 2009
The Herald
Carolyn Churchill
Madeleine's parents hope new lead can help search

A convicted paedophile who is being investigated over Madeleine McCann's disappearance said he was familiar with the layout of the Portuguese holiday complex where she went missing, it has been reported. Raymond Hewlett is alleged to have been staying around an hour's drive from the McCanns' holiday flat in Praia da Luz when she vanished on May 3, 2007. The McCanns' investigation team wants to interview the 64-year-old in the next few days in the hope he can shed some light on the little girl's disappearance.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , ,


Hewlett's brother: our family shame

0 comments

24 May 2009
The Express on Sunday
David Paul

The brother of paedophile Raymond Hewlett - now the prime suspect in the Madeleine abduction case - says their mother will be "turning in her grave" now he has been linked to the disappearance. Devastated Bernard Hewlett, 59, said the only comfort was that his mother Lois and father Richard will not have to face yet another police inquiry into their eldest son's depraved lust for children which stretches back more than three decades.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , ,


Cunning predator and 30 years of depravity

1 comments

23 May 2009
Daily Mail
Michael Seamark


Compile a profile of Madeleine McCann's possible abductor and there are few more suitable suspects than Raymond Hewlett. He's a convicted predatory paedophile - a man detectives describe as cunning and a danger to children - who flits from country to country.Given that he speaks English and, crucially, was within striking distance of Praia da Luz when three-year- old Madeleine went missing, Hewlitt ticks a a great many boxes.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


McCann team pursues man

0 comments

23 May 2009
Liverpool Echo


BRITISH police were last night preparing to interview a convicted paedophile in Germany who is being investigated over Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

Raymond Hewlett, 64, is alleged to have been staying near the McCanns' holiday flat in Praia da Luz, Portugal, when the little girl went missing, in May, 2007.

UK-born Hewlett, a former soldier who previously lived in Blackpool and Telford, was jailed several times for sexually assaulting young girls.

He is now reportedly being treated for cancer in a German hospital but is wanted for questioning by British detectives.

West Yorkshire Police confirmed they were seeking him in connection with an indecent assault in 1975.

Two retired UK detectives hired by Madeleine's parents to search for their daughter hope to interview Hewlett with the help of UK police.

A source said: "A proper police force may get first crack." But the source added: "He is one of a number of possible leads that we are looking at. We are not going to give it any more weight than that."

Alan and Cindy Thompson told the Daily Mirror the sex offender was living with his wife and six children in a converted Dodge truck travelling from campsite to campsite in the Algarve and southern Spain.

Hewlett allegedly told the couple he was approached by some "Gipsy tourists" offering to buy his daughter just before Madeleine went missing.

Hewlett told the Thompsons he was in Fuseta, 30 miles from Praia da Luz, when Madeleine vanished.

The disgraced former Portuguese police chief who previously led the Madeleine inquiry was convicted of perjury in a separate case yesterday.

Goncalo Amaral was given an 18-month suspended sentence by a court in Portugal.

The McCanns' spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, said the couple thought the conviction "speaks for itself ".
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , ,


Paedophile probed by McCanns

0 comments

23 May 2009
Weekend Argus
Vivien Horler


LONDON: Detectives working for the parents of missing Madeleine McCann are investigating a convicted paedophile in connection with her disappearance, the family’s spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, said yesterday.

Mitchell confirmed private investigators are looking into former British soldier Raymond Hewlett, a repeat sex offender whose picture was splashed on the front page of The Daily Mirror yesterday.

The paper said Hewlett, whom it identified as a 64-year-old father of six, was being treated at an unnamed German hospital for throat cancer.

Mitchell emphasised that Hewlett was only one of several leads being investigated and that the McCanns had played no role in publicising their interest in the man.

Police in both Portugal and in the northern English city of Leicester, where the McCanns live, declined to comment on the reports.

Hewlett’s name does not appear in the Portuguese police file on the case, which was made available to reporters after Portugal’s attorney-general closed the investigation last July.

The Mirror quoted Alan and Cindy Thompson, who said they met Hewlett on holiday in Portugal three years ago. The newspaper said they became alarmed when they found out about his past and realised he had been living an hour away from Praia da Luz, where the three-year-old vanished from a hotel room two years ago.

Mitchell told The Associated Press the family would rather have kept the matter out of the public eye.

“It’s a matter for the private investigators. Ideally it would have remained a private investigation,” he said in a telephone interview. “I would stress he’s only one part of the inquiry.”
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , ,


Convicted former soldier new suspect in Madeleine case

0 comments

23 May 2009
New Zealand Herald
Chris Irvine and Lucy Cockcroft


Raymond Hewlett, a convicted British paedophile responsible for a number of sex attacks in the last 40 years, is being investigated over the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, it has emerged.

Hewlett, a former soldier, is believed to have been living an hour's drive from the resort of Praia da Luz, in Portugal, when she disappeared in April 2007, reports said.

The 64-year-old has a long record of sex attacks on young girls and is wanted by police in Britain and Ireland. He has been on the run since Madeleine's disappearance.

The new information is thought to have emerged after Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, made a string of international media appearances to issue a fresh appeal for information on the second anniversary of her disappearance.

New material released included a computer-aided image of what she may look like now, aged 6, while another was a sketch of a suspect seen near the holiday complex.

Hewlett, described by detectives as cunning and a danger to children, is a former Scots Guardsman who has worked as a trawlerman and fairground operator.

He has been jailed several times for sexual offences against young girls.

Hewlett is also wanted by some British police forces for questioning about sex attacks stretching back nearly 30 years.

It is not known if he was interviewed by Portuguese police but they have been informed he may have been involved in her disappearance.

The search for Madeleine is headed by two retired UK policemen, Dave Edgar, a former RUC and Cheshire Police officer, and Arthur Cowley, previously of Merseyside Police, who run Alpha Investigations Group and have been hired by the Find Madeleine Fund to investigate missed leads.

Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for the McCann family, said: ``My understanding is he is currently receiving hospital treatment and is currently in Germany.

``Kate and Gerry are fully aware of the development and have been for a little while.

``This is one line of inquiry in an ongoing investigation led by two former police officers.''

He added: ``Three police forces have an interest in him and want to talk to him, I believe, about other matters.

``He has a background that would be of interest to any police force.''

He refused to comment on whether Hewlett was in police custody.

The alarm was raised about Hewlett by a couple who met him while on holiday in Portugal.

When Alan and Cindy Thompson met Hewlett, he was living with his wife and six children in a converted Dodge truck travelling from campsite to campsite.

Mr Thompson told the Daily Mirror: ``Hewlett befriended us but kept quiet about his terrible past.

They recalled him mentioning a business trip to Morocco where there were several alleged sightings of Madeleine in the months after her disappearance.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , ,


Beast the killer tried to blame

0 comments

12 November 2007
Halifax Evening Courier


The evidence against Castree was overwhelming - but he tried to point the finger at one of Britain's most wanted criminals. Paedophile Raymond Hewlett is being hunted in connection with a serious sex assault on an eight-year-old girl in Manchester in 1975. He is the subject of an international manhunt and thought to be living a nomadic life in Spain.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , ,


Castree guilty of Molseed murder

1 comments

12 November 2007
Yorkshire Post

A comic book dealer has been jailed for life and told he must serve a minimum of 30 years for the murder of schoolgirl Lesley Molseed more than 30 years ago. The 11-year-old, who had learning difficulties, went missing while running an errand for her mother in Rotherham on Sunday October 5, 1975. Her body was found three days later on moorland near the Manchester Yorkshire border. She had been sexually assaulted and stabbed to death.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Do you know this man?

5 comments

13 January 2002
The Sunday Mirror
Nicola Tallant

Probe into girl's murder 26 years ago switches to Ireland as police track runaway Hewlett...A suspected child killer and convicted paedophile is on the loose and thought to be hiding in Ireland

UK police say Raymond Hewlett, 56, who has been jailed for a catalogue of child sex crimes and assaults in Britain, is known to have lived in Donegal, Louth and Kerry and visited at least nine counties.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,


 
Return to top of page Copyright © 2010 | Flash News Converted into Blogger Template by HackTutors