Raymond Hewlett did not abduct Maddie...

1 comments

It is, however, very possible that he may have murdered Lesley Molseed.

Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Who killed Lesley Molseed?

0 comments

Innocents
How justice failed Stefan Kiszko and Lesley Molseed
   
The following are notes and excerpts from Chapter 22 which deals with events related to Raymond Hewlett *after* Stefan Kiszko was released from prison.  Kiszko spent 16 years wrongly incarcerated for the 1975 murder of Lesley Molseed.

Upon the exposure of this miscarriage of justice (conviction in July 1976/life sentence) and Kiszko's release from prison in 1992, a new investigation began and the original police files were reviewed.  Following up on certain leads had abruptly stopped after Kiszko's conviction. The following describes how and why Raymond Hewlett became the Number One suspect in the Molseed case.


Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Raymond Hewlett - Background Information

4 comments

Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Det Chief Supt Max McLean & Raymond Hewlett

1 comments

Articles re: Det Chief Supt Max McLean and the Lesley Molseed murder investigation.
As you will see, McLean stated many times and over many years that Raymond Hewlett was the prime suspect in 11 year old Lesley's brutal killing.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Maddy paedo said this was only vehicle he had

0 comments

Maddy paedo said this was only vehicle he had;
But really he was driving a van similar to this.
19 June 2009
Daily Mirror
Stephen Moyes


PERVERT Raymond Hewlett's lies were unravelling last night as he faced renewed questioning over missing Madeleine McCann. The convicted paedophile rekindled suspicion after it was revealed he tried to mislead detectives over the vehicle he was driving at the time the youngster vanished.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Is this the man who snatched Maddie?

2 comments

7 June 2009
Sunday Independent
Andrew Walker


This paedophile’s likeness to the sketch of a Maddie suspect is uncanny – and he admits being just an hour away on the day that she disappeared. He protests his innocence, but he has a horrifying past. David Jones reports.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


I saw Maddie twice, admits paedophile

0 comments

June 06 2009
Herald
Conor Feehan


Convicted paedophile Raymond Hewlett has told detectives that he saw missing Madeleine McCann twice before she disappeared.Hewlett (64) had previously denied being near the resort of Praia da Luz in Portugal, from where Madeleine was snatched. It has been reported that Hewlett told detectives he was so close to the little girl, he was able to see the distinctive marking in her right eye.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , ,


I saw Maddie twice, admits paedo suspect; sensational confession to cops

0 comments

6 June 2009
The Sun
Antonella Lazzeri

[ NOTE:  This information appears come solely from McCann spokesman CLARENCE MITCHELL. Can it be assumed that when the information is attributed to "a SOURCE" it is actually CLARENCE MITCHELL speaking "OFF THE RECORD"? ]

Child-sex fiend Raymond Hewlett has sensationally admitted he TWICE saw Madeleine McCann before she vanished. Hewlett, 64, claimed he was at the holiday resort where Maddie was kidnapped — and got so close to her that he could see the distinctive flaw in her right eye.

[ NOTE:  Raymond Hewlett did NOT confess to having been in Praia da Luz or to seeing Madeleine in person. He said he'd seen her image on posters etc. and that he had not been in Praia da Luz since he first arrived in Portugal with his wife and children in 2002 - 5 years prior to Madeleine's disappearance. ]

The pervert — who has a string of convictions for sexually assaulting young girls — is said to have made his confession to police who questioned him about a 1975 attack on an eight-year-old.  

[ NOTE: Max McLean, investigator in the Lesley Molseed murder was one of those officers. ]

That is a dramatic U-turn after Hewlett previously claimed he had never been near the Ocean Club holiday complex in Praia da Luz, Portugal — where Maddie disappeared days before her fourth birthday in May 2007.

Two senior officers from West Yorkshire Police travelled to Germany, where Hewlett is in hospital being treated for throat cancer. A SOURCE close to the investigation said Hewlett told the cops he had been to the Ocean Club and seen Maddie.

The SOURCE added:

    "He said he had seen her at least two times and had wandered around the complex several times. "He said he had been so close to Maddie he was able to see the distinctive mark in her right eye. "He didn't say why he had previously denied ever being in Praia da Luz. It's obviously a disturbing development."

Last night CLARENCE MITCHELL, official spokesman for Maddie's parents Gerry and Kate, said it was vital Hewlett now spoke to private investigators employed by the family to find Maddie.

He [CLARENCE MITCHELL] said:

    "If Mr Hewlett has any credible information about Madeleine it is absolutely imperative that he should speak to the investigators as a priority.  Mr Hewlett and his representatives must do the right thing and allow the private investigators to do their work."

Hewlett, originally from Todmorden, England, refused to see the McCanns' investigators when they flew to Germany two weeks ago. He now says he will talk to them — if he is paid. 

[ NOTE: No credible source has been found to support this allegation. ]

But Mr [CLARENCE] MITCHELL said:

    "No payment will be made for any such interview."

Hewlett has also employed a lawyer to try to sell his story to newspapers for thousands of pounds. 

[ NOTE: No credible source has been found to support this allegation and the alleged lawyer has never been named. ]

The SOURCE said:

    "There are fears he's trying to cash in on Maddie, and it may be that he has made these claims to get more money. Whatever his motives, he needs to be seen by the investigators because he may have vital information."

Hewlett emerged as a suspect in Maddie's abduction after it was revealed he was living at a campsite nearby in May 2007. British tourists who spoke to him said he was "obsessed" with the case.  

[ NOTE: BRITISH TOURISTS: PETER VERRAN, ALAN THOMPSON AND CINDY THOMPSON ]

Police wanting to quiz Hewlett over the 1975 assault had been unable to trace him as he travelled around Europe and Morocco after being released from prison. His lawyer in Germany says he only has weeks to live.

Hewlett has now provided cops with a DNA sample which will be compared to evidence from 1975.

[ NOTE: Hewlett was eliminated from the Molseed investigation based on the claim by the police that his DNA did not match the DNA found on Lesley Molseed's clothing. They were, therefore, already in possession of Hewlett's DNA. ]

Hewlett has viewed Ireland as a safe haven for years and has taken refuge here many times. He fled here after sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl in the 1980s but was brought back to Britain to face trial. After he was released he returned in 1993, living in a commune in County Donegal. But the sicko was eventually asked to leave by worried parents.


Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Paedophile who lived in Carlingford will speak to Maddie detectives

0 comments

3 June 2009
Dundalk Democrat
Tamara O'Connell


A PAEDOPHILE who lived in Carlingford has agreed to speak to detectives investigating the disappearance of British toddler Madeleine McCann. Serial sex offender, Raymond Hewlett has said he will answer the questions of two British ex-policemen employed by the little girl's family. The father-of-eight, who has convictions for kidnapping and raping or molesting four young girls in England, has lived on and off in Ireland for the past two decades.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , ,


Lair of a monster

0 comments

31 May 2009
The Sunday Life
EXCLUSIVE ON THE TRAIL OF NO.1 SUSPECT IN MYSTERY OF THE DECADE
Rodney Edwards
This is the Ulster flat where Maddie suspect and convicted paedophile Raymond Hewlett lived in the ’90s 

A convicted paedophile who is a suspect in the disappearance of Madeline McCann previously lived in this Fermanagh block of flats. Raymond Hewlett (62) resided in a small apartment above a chip shop on Enniskillen’s Belmore Street and made several friends in the town. Hewlett is now the main suspect in the Maddie case after it emerged he lived near Praia da Luz at the time Maddie went missing from the Portuguese resort in May 2007, days before her fourth birthday.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Journal behind the Madeline McCann 8 Ball

0 comments

May 27, 2009
northbynorthwestblog

Yesterday’s Derry Journal ‘revealed’ that convicted sex offender, Raymond Hewlett, used to live in Urris, Co. Donegal.The story was already widely reported over the weekend, including the Sunday Tribune, which mentioned the Dunaff link, the Mail and the Times. The Irish Independent shockingly describes how Hewlett is a suspect for the disappearance of young Mary Boyle, 6, who went missing in Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal in 1977. Hewlett was working reportedly working in the county at the time.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , ,


REVEALED: MADELEINE SUSPECT'S INISH HOME

0 comments

Derry Journal
26 May 2009

Convicted child molester and key suspect in the Madeleine McCann case used to live in Urris, the Journal can reveal. Raymond Hewlett, aged 64, who has been jailed for a string of child sex crimes and assaults in Britain, lived in the peninsula for a period of time.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Maddie suspect lived in Donegal

0 comments

24 May 2009
Donegal On Sunday
Connie Duffy


Investigators want to hear from anyone in Donegal who may have encountered a convicted British paedophile who has sensationally re-emerged as a key suspect in the Madeleine McCann case. Raymond Hewlett, 64, who has been jailed for a catalogue of child sex crimes and assaults in Britain, is known to have lived in Donegal as well as Louth and Kerry and visited at least nine counties, including Fermanagh and Tyrone.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Sex offender linked to Madeleine 'not under suspicion' here – gardaí

0 comments

May 24, 2009
Tribune
Ali Bracken

Raymond Hewlett: lived in Cork and Donegal

A serial sex offender, whom private detectives are "interested" in speaking to about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, lived in Ireland on and off between 1997 and 2001 but was never under investigation for committing a crime in this country. Garda sources have hit out at "hysterical stories" in newspapers last week stating that Raymond Hewlett, 64, who is being treated for throat cancer in a German hospital, is wanted for questioning by gardaí for alleged crimes here.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , ,


Irish haven of Madeleine suspect

0 comments

May 24 2009
Sunday Independent
Jim Cusack


Raymond Hewlett, the convicted paedophile who has emerged as a suspect in the Madeleine McCann case, travelled back and forth between Britain and Ireland from the mid-Seventies until 1999.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Cunning predator and 30 years of depravity

1 comments

23 May 2009
Daily Mail
Michael Seamark


Compile a profile of Madeleine McCann's possible abductor and there are few more suitable suspects than Raymond Hewlett. He's a convicted predatory paedophile - a man detectives describe as cunning and a danger to children - who flits from country to country.Given that he speaks English and, crucially, was within striking distance of Praia da Luz when three-year- old Madeleine went missing, Hewlitt ticks a a great many boxes.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Man probed by McCanns over girl's disappearance

0 comments

22 May 2009
Associated Press
Raphael G. Satter


Detectives working for the parents of missing Madeleine McCann are investigating a convicted pedophile in connection with the her disappearance, family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said Friday.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , ,


New lead in Maddie case

0 comments

22 May 2009
Evening Gazette


A convicted paedophile is being investigated in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Briton Raymond Hewlett was staying near Praia da Luz, in Portugal, when the three-year-old vanished in May 2007, according to reports.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , ,


British paedophile was living only an hour away from Madeleine's resort

0 comments

22 May 2009
The Scotsman
Shan Ross


A British paedophile with links to Scotland is the new focus in the hunt for Madeleine McCann. Raymond Hewlett, 64, a former Scots Guardsman, was believed to be living in Tavira, an hour's drive from the Portuguese resort of Praia de Luz, where Madeleine disappeared on 3 May 2007. Hewlett has a record of sex attacks on young girls and is wanted by police in the UK and Ireland. He has been on the run since Madeleine's disappearance.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


British paedophile probed over Madeleine disappearance

0 comments

21 May 2009
Press Association


A convicted paedophile is being investigated in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, it emerged tonight. Briton Raymond Hewlett was staying near Praia da Luz, in Portugal, when the three-year-old went missing in April 2007.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , ,


 
Return to top of page Copyright © 2010 | Flash News Converted into Blogger Template by HackTutors