Crunch-hit tycoon scales down cash aid for McCanns

0 comments

7 June 2009
The Mail on Sunday
Daniel Boffey


The multi-millionaire tycoon backing Kate and Gerry McCann in their search for their daughter has cut back his financial support after losing an estimated £50 million from his fortune. Brian Kennedy, who pledged to support the McCanns until Madeleine was found, has stopped paying for the couple's media campaign after the credit crunch hit his business interests. The Madeleine Fund - which is down to £500,000 and expected to be empty by the end of the year - is now paying for the media relations work of former BBC reporter Clarence Mitchell, although at a reduced rate.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , ,


I saw Maddie twice, admits paedophile

0 comments

June 06 2009
Herald
Conor Feehan


Convicted paedophile Raymond Hewlett has told detectives that he saw missing Madeleine McCann twice before she disappeared.Hewlett (64) had previously denied being near the resort of Praia da Luz in Portugal, from where Madeleine was snatched. It has been reported that Hewlett told detectives he was so close to the little girl, he was able to see the distinctive marking in her right eye.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , ,


I saw Madeleine twice on holiday says paedophile

0 comments

6 June 2009
The Daily Express
Martyn Brown and Paul Jeeves


Paedophile Raymond Hewlett has confessed that he saw Madeleine McCann twice weeks before she disappeared, it was claimed last night. He said: "It's obvious why they're interested in me. But they can all think what they like. I didn't kill the McCann girl. It's the truth and it's never going to change. "There is a person who can say where I was that day, but why should I bring them into this? I've done nothing wrong."
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


I saw Maddie twice, admits paedo suspect; sensational confession to cops

0 comments

6 June 2009
The Sun
Antonella Lazzeri

[ NOTE:  This information appears come solely from McCann spokesman CLARENCE MITCHELL. Can it be assumed that when the information is attributed to "a SOURCE" it is actually CLARENCE MITCHELL speaking "OFF THE RECORD"? ]

Child-sex fiend Raymond Hewlett has sensationally admitted he TWICE saw Madeleine McCann before she vanished. Hewlett, 64, claimed he was at the holiday resort where Maddie was kidnapped — and got so close to her that he could see the distinctive flaw in her right eye.

[ NOTE:  Raymond Hewlett did NOT confess to having been in Praia da Luz or to seeing Madeleine in person. He said he'd seen her image on posters etc. and that he had not been in Praia da Luz since he first arrived in Portugal with his wife and children in 2002 - 5 years prior to Madeleine's disappearance. ]

The pervert — who has a string of convictions for sexually assaulting young girls — is said to have made his confession to police who questioned him about a 1975 attack on an eight-year-old.  

[ NOTE: Max McLean, investigator in the Lesley Molseed murder was one of those officers. ]

That is a dramatic U-turn after Hewlett previously claimed he had never been near the Ocean Club holiday complex in Praia da Luz, Portugal — where Maddie disappeared days before her fourth birthday in May 2007.

Two senior officers from West Yorkshire Police travelled to Germany, where Hewlett is in hospital being treated for throat cancer. A SOURCE close to the investigation said Hewlett told the cops he had been to the Ocean Club and seen Maddie.

The SOURCE added:

    "He said he had seen her at least two times and had wandered around the complex several times. "He said he had been so close to Maddie he was able to see the distinctive mark in her right eye. "He didn't say why he had previously denied ever being in Praia da Luz. It's obviously a disturbing development."

Last night CLARENCE MITCHELL, official spokesman for Maddie's parents Gerry and Kate, said it was vital Hewlett now spoke to private investigators employed by the family to find Maddie.

He [CLARENCE MITCHELL] said:

    "If Mr Hewlett has any credible information about Madeleine it is absolutely imperative that he should speak to the investigators as a priority.  Mr Hewlett and his representatives must do the right thing and allow the private investigators to do their work."

Hewlett, originally from Todmorden, England, refused to see the McCanns' investigators when they flew to Germany two weeks ago. He now says he will talk to them — if he is paid. 

[ NOTE: No credible source has been found to support this allegation. ]

But Mr [CLARENCE] MITCHELL said:

    "No payment will be made for any such interview."

Hewlett has also employed a lawyer to try to sell his story to newspapers for thousands of pounds. 

[ NOTE: No credible source has been found to support this allegation and the alleged lawyer has never been named. ]

The SOURCE said:

    "There are fears he's trying to cash in on Maddie, and it may be that he has made these claims to get more money. Whatever his motives, he needs to be seen by the investigators because he may have vital information."

Hewlett emerged as a suspect in Maddie's abduction after it was revealed he was living at a campsite nearby in May 2007. British tourists who spoke to him said he was "obsessed" with the case.  

[ NOTE: BRITISH TOURISTS: PETER VERRAN, ALAN THOMPSON AND CINDY THOMPSON ]

Police wanting to quiz Hewlett over the 1975 assault had been unable to trace him as he travelled around Europe and Morocco after being released from prison. His lawyer in Germany says he only has weeks to live.

Hewlett has now provided cops with a DNA sample which will be compared to evidence from 1975.

[ NOTE: Hewlett was eliminated from the Molseed investigation based on the claim by the police that his DNA did not match the DNA found on Lesley Molseed's clothing. They were, therefore, already in possession of Hewlett's DNA. ]

Hewlett has viewed Ireland as a safe haven for years and has taken refuge here many times. He fled here after sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl in the 1980s but was brought back to Britain to face trial. After he was released he returned in 1993, living in a commune in County Donegal. But the sicko was eventually asked to leave by worried parents.


Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


I saw Maddie twice claims dying child molester

0 comments

6 June 2009
Daily Mail


Paedophile Raymond Hewlett has allegedly said he saw Madeleine McCann twice before she vanished. The Briton, 62, has previously insisted he was miles from Praia da Luz in the Portuguese Algarve when the three-year-old went missing in May 2007. But yesterday he reportedly implied he had been close enough to see Maddie's distinctive flaw in her right eye.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , ,


Yorks paedophile quizzed over 1975 sex attack

2 comments

5 June 2009
Yorkshire Evening Post
Bruce Smith

THE head of West Yorkshire's CID has interviewed a Yorkshire paedophile linked to the Madeleine McCann inquiry about an unsolved 1975 sex attack. Det Chief Supt Max McLean, travelled with Det Chief Insp Mark Ridley, to Germany to speak to cancer stricken Raymond Hewlett.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , ,


Paedophile Raymond Hewlett demands thousands to answer Maddie questions

0 comments

4th June 2009
Daily Mail


Paedophile Raymond Hewlett has issued a brazen demand to be paid thousands of pounds to answer questions about the night Madeleine McCann went missing. The child molester refused to speak to detectives hired by Kate and Gerry McCann unless they gave him a vast slice of the Madeleine Fund. Hewlett, 62, who has a lifelong history of sexually abusing little girls, was in the Algarve when the three-year-old was snatched from her bed. He is now in hospital in Germany recovering from throat cancer surgery, and has so far rebuffed efforts by the McCanns' investigators to interview him.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , ,


Paedophile who lived in Carlingford will speak to Maddie detectives

0 comments

3 June 2009
Dundalk Democrat
Tamara O'Connell


A PAEDOPHILE who lived in Carlingford has agreed to speak to detectives investigating the disappearance of British toddler Madeleine McCann. Serial sex offender, Raymond Hewlett has said he will answer the questions of two British ex-policemen employed by the little girl's family. The father-of-eight, who has convictions for kidnapping and raping or molesting four young girls in England, has lived on and off in Ireland for the past two decades.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , ,


Detectives to meet paedophile

0 comments

1 June 2009
Leicester Mercury

Private detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann hope to meet with convicted paedophile Raymond Hewlett this week. Hewlett has said he was prepared to meet with them.
Continue Reading... Labels: , , , , , , ,


Man wanted for Madeleine McCann disappearance linked to Prestwich indecent assault

0 comments

1 June 2009
Bury Times

A CONVICTED paedophile, wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, is also being linked to the indecent assault of a young girl in Prestwich nearly 35 years ago.

West Yorkshire Police have confirmed they want to speak with Raymond Hewlett about an incident in the town in 1975.

The 64-year-old, who is currently in hospital in Germany, has been jailed several times for sexual offences against young girls.

Retired police investigating Madeleine’s disappearance have also said they wish to speak to Hewlett, who was staying near Praia da Luz, in Portugal, when the three-year-old went missing in April 2007.

Hewlett has denied having any involvement in Madeleine's disappearance but has said he will speak to the McCanns' private detectives.

The former soldier, who previously lived in Blackpool and Telford, is reportedly being treated for throat cancer in Aachen, Germany.

He was jailed several times in the UK for sexually assaulting young girls, including an attack in 1978 where he put a gun to his victim's back.

In 1988 he also kidnapped and indecently assaulted a 14-year-old girl in Mold, North Wales.

He was questioned over the 1975 murder of 11-year-old Lesley Molseed but another man was eventually convicted of the crime in 2007.

A spokesman for the McCann family said investigators were pleased Hewlett had agreed to speak to them.

Clarence Mitchell added: “An interview with him will be arranged and will take place in due course.

"Mr Hewlett has again denied any involvement in Madeleine's abduction, and if it helps to eliminate him from the private investigation then he has done the right thing by indicating that he will speak to the investigators."

A spokesman for West Yorkshire Police said: “We wish to speak to Mr Hewlett regarding the indecent assault of a young girl in the Greater Manchester area in 1975.”

Greater Manchester Police confirmed the incident took place in Prestwich.
Continue Reading... Labels: , ,


 
Return to top of page Copyright © 2010 | Flash News Converted into Blogger Template by HackTutors